Monday, November 13, 2017

173 days for Couch to Half Marathon---Day 1

So this last year I ran the Indy Mini Marathon for the first time, I didn't post about it because I didn't have time. I had won entrance from a local tv station and would up with 4 weeks to train, I'd been exercising, but not really running, so I went into panic training mode.  Running a half had always been on my bucket list, but I never though it would happen.  So I survived, I kissed the bricks and then i plopped back on the couch.  Though I did pay for the 2018 race, I barely kept exercising, let alone running.  So when I wrote an essay to be a part of the Indy Mini Marathon Ambassador program I didn't really think to much about it. I thought it'd be great to get some upgrades and some gear, but they wouldn't take me, I'd only run it once and have never really trained, but I guess that unique perspective is what drew them to me.

 So I can officially announce that I am a 2018 Indy Mini Ambassador!  Guess i need to get off the couch...

So today is Day one of my journey to (hopefully) a 3:00 mini marathon on May 5th





Notice, less than a mile in 19 minutes... got some work to do

I'm going to start with an aggressive couch to 5k program, with a weights workout afterwards. and meal planning based on the 21 day fix (I've previously posted about my 21 day faux which has alot of the same information) and instead of shakeology (which costs $130 per month) I'm using Slim Fast (which costs about $10 per month) though I do count that as a red container and a yellow container, since its made with milk.


I probably won't be posting everyday, but I'll post at least once a week, hopefully 2 to 3 times a week.

If people are interested I can share my recipes and meal planning information about how I lose weight and still feed a family of 4 without cooking 2 meals at the same time or making them miserable.

If you are interested in running (or walking) the Mini Please let me know I'd be happy to talk to you about it, my experiences, and discuss if its the right race for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment