Saturday, April 21, 2012

whats been going on

Wowza it's been a long time since I posted on here, I don't have a tutorial today, but I wanted to get down in writing what new with life and what has been happening that has caused my lapse.

We lost our pet rabbit (she was almost 8).  She was arthritic, unhappy and couldn't clean herself properly, so we took her to the vet to get the big blue shot.
My Fussy Bear is getting to be big enough that he wants more of my attention during the day so I haven't really been able to craft much.
My husband got accepted to the Indianapolis Zoo En Plein Air art competition on April 28th, so we had to do a scouting trip to pick locations for him to use in his drawing.
We canceled the insurance on one of our cars, so we're basically a one car household at the moment, because I wasn't driving around enough to justify the insurance bill of $250 bucks every six months.
I found this new blog to read, and I kindof got obsessed reading their stories.


Things that I have managed to get accomplished lately

My mom and I have been taking her wedding dress and turning it into a christening gown for my baby bear.  I didn't have my camera with me while we were working on it, but I'll show a before and after (if i can borrow one of my mom's old wedding pictures)

I up-cycled an old pair of my husbands LOVELY plaid shorts into a vest for my baby bear for Easter. It fit the week before, but he nearly busted out of it on the day. 
I also made the monster toy in the basket, and since the silly Easter Bunny forgot that babies can't eat chocolate I had to eat it.
We weeded and planted the vegetable garden
We weeded and planted the herb garden
We started a composter  (following this tute )



It feels like I've been so much more busy than it looks like all written out... but I can't think of anything else I've done... so I guess that's it... I'll have more soon, as soon as mom and I are done with the christening gown, I'll make a post about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment