Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Turn a regular Tank into a nursing tank


I've been a bit busy lately, so most of my projects lately have been dinner, for the baby, or for keeping me not naked.  This falls along the lines of being not naked. Since I'm breastfeeding my baby bear, nursing tanks have become my uniform, however there are more days in the week than I have nursing tanks, plus they're SO expensive. So, in order to not have to do laundry more than once a week, I need more clothes.

What follows is how to turn a regular tank top into a nursing tank top.

Supplies:
  • Tank top (mine was $6 from Meijer)
  • Needle and thread
  • Seam Ripper




On the back seam of the tank top, carefully rip out the stitches that are holding the strap to the back of the tank.

Take the strap about two inches from the seam on the front of the strap and loop it around.  Using the machine stitching for a guide, stitch through those holes, that way it looks like the loop was machine stitched on when it was manufactured.

Trim off the the strap just below your stitching


The loops go on the nursing bra just below the clicky bit ( can't think of what to call that connector thing other than the clicky bit).  You open the bra like you do when you're nursing, the put the loop on the cup part that pulls down, then when you close the bra back up it keeps you nice and covered.  They do hang down a little low in the back so I don't recommend wearing them by themselves, but if you wear this under a plain T shirt, when you nurse, your stomach won't hang out.
Please ignore the ratty hair, I need a haircut (or at least a hair brush) something fierce

Isn't that Sew Cool?

No comments:

Post a Comment