Thursday, March 22, 2012

Baby Quiches... Kindof

Sorry about the delay on posting things... my computer got a massive virus then our water heater stopped working and we had to get our circuit breaker box replaced (so I'll be crafting with what I have, free and/or found objects for a while).  But before I get back to crafting, I've got to fuel up (without going to the store for a while).  So here is an easy dinner with that in mind, using things that I already had, creating a dinner that wasn't planned.  Its kind of a quiche, and can be totally customized to whatever your tastes are.


Ingredients:
5 Eggs
1/4 cup of Half and Half
Salt
Pepper

Optional:
Lemon Juice
Basil
Chives
Tomatoes
Garlic
Shredded Cheese (not in the picture)

Tools:
Fork
Knife
Greased Muffin Pan
Bowl




In your bowl crack and scramble your eggs, add in your half and half and sprinkle salt and pepper in (about as much as you would put in for scrambled eggs).  Beat the mixture really well, you want to make sure there aren't any little lumps of egg white in there or you'll get random egg white lumps in your quiches.



Divide your egg mixture between 6 muffin spots.


Add your filling.  I added basil, chive, tomatoes, a little splash of lemon juice and topped it off with some shredded cheese.


Bake in the oven for 25 minutes at 375 (or until they puff up and are a bit golden brown on the top)



Run a knife around the outside of the baby quiche to loosen it from the pan and pop it onto your dinner plate.

TA DA baby quiches, full of protein and pretty darn tasty if I do say so myself.


This recipe will serve 2 people if you add some frozen veggies on the side, or you could add veggies and a starch (like mashed potatoes or rice or orzo) and feed 3 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment