Wednesday, July 1, 2015

21 day faux - Day 2

Let me just start saying, this blog is what kept me on track this morning.

My first attempt at breakfast was... interesting?  yea lets go with interesting.  I tried using the rest of the steel cut oats I made yesterday and, since I don't like plain or vanilla yogurt, added strawberry yogurt (fewer calories actually more protein than plain so I didn't view it as too much of a cheat) and a cut up half of a banana.  It didn't taste terrible, but the texture OH the TEXTURE... just wrong.

 
Then my minions started whining and wanting cuddles, so I ate the banana out of the bowl and ate as much as I could take (which wasn't much). And it wasn't enough, and if i didn't have this blog to track everything I probably would have just grabbed a nutri-grain bar (my standard breakfast). But instead I created something Much better.  Tomato Avocado breakfast burrito.  Using the rest of my avocado from yesterday (or most of what was left, these tortillas are small) and two small slices of tomato and two scrambled eggs. 
 


Please ignore my finger, it wouldn't stay closed on its own.  It was pretty tasty, but then again its kinda hard to screw up scrambled eggs. 


For Lunch I did my full days green container minus a half a cup... I already have dinner planned, and its one of my favorites, but it doesn't include veggies, so I sautéed 1 cup of chopped veggies and 2 cups of dark greens and mixed in the leftover chicken from last night and an egg on top lightly fried so it was runny and worked as dressing.  Pretty good, but I may be sick of eggs by the end of the day...



I've been planning on making biscuits and gravy this week and its one of my favorites, so I wasn't about to pass it up, though I did modify it just a little. warning, it looks weird, but tasted good. I used breakfast sausage and an onion and about 4 mushrooms sautéed up.  I took about 1/2 a cup of meat and 1/2 cup onions and mushrooms (to finish off my green) and 1/2 cup of plain yogurt in a sauce pan.   (I made my family's gravy the normal way, so I got to taste it, and both were good.  The traditional way is much sweeter and the yogurt only way was a little tangy and looked funny, but tasted just fine.  I counted my biscuit as my yellow, I know biscuits aren't technically approved, but I was not going to go to the store for a whole grain biscuit of some sort... so I just used a small biscuit cut in half.  Oh and there's a single egg in there to round out my protein up to 1 1/2 cups which is 2 red containers.



So for the rest of the day I think I just have my orange and one more purple(fruit) so I'll just eat a nectarine and maybe a little dish of sunflower seeds


Thank you for reading and keeping me accountable

No comments:

Post a Comment