Tuesday, July 7, 2015

21 Day Faux - Day 8

 Diet wise today went really well.  I'm satisfied, snack was a little tricky to figure out today cause I knew i needed all my grains left for dinner and my seccond fruit for dessert before bed, so I was left with a protein only snack, which took some creative thinking as you'll see below.  I usually keep this blog updated throughout the day, but i couldn't find my tablet so I'm doing it all on my husbands laptop now.  Oh well... On to Breakfast!

I had 1 yellow container of rolled oats and 1 purple container of cut strawberries and bananas with a little squeeze of lemon over it.  Was actually very good.  It needed the lemon because the strawberry and banana flavors were not merged into the oats, the oats just tasted kindof like lumps of blah, but by putting lemon juice in it added a nice citrus flavor to the oat bits and it tasted awesome.  I will definitely do this one again.




 Lunch was a salad with 1 1/2 green containers of assorted veggies and greens with the leftover burger from last night as my protein, and avocado mashed with some water and a splash of ranch dressing.



My all protein snack, was actually pretty good, there were three, but i had to try it before I built the other two to make sure it wasn't completely horrifying, and i actually will probably do this again, put a nice spin on the cottage cheese.   Its just 3 turkey pieces spread equally with a little more than 1/4 cup of cottage cheese and a little bit of pepper, rolled up like taquitos.



Dinner was AMAZING.  About 1 cup of greens, 1/2 container of salsa (as dressing).  1 Blue container half filled with each avocado and cheese.  One yellow container split between rice and pinto beans. A little less than one red container of ground beef with taco seasoning (it wasn't full lean beef, but i drained all the grease out and used a little less so I call it good) and cilantro.

Was an AWESOME taco salad.  And really easy to do this for the family, i didn't have to cook mine in a seperate pan to keep the ratios right  I just set up a nacho bar and included a bag of chips for everyone else to use.
 My husbands nachos, not as healthy as my bowl, but not too terrible, just different ratios than mine.


This blog is aparently the best choice I've made. I know very few if any people are reading all of every day, but I feel like I can't cheat without letting people down.  So thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment