Sunday, August 16, 2015

21 Day Fix - Round 2 - Day 16

I learned something new today.  Apparently I've been doing the "Triangle" pose in Yoga wrong.  I've always looked like the picture (even the little wii fit lady) But I went to my first real yoga class today (I have a free membership at Lifetime Fitness until the 1st, and I'm using it for classes, because I can).  I highly recommend going to a real yoga class if nothing else, to correct your form on things, I still can't figure out how they do that scoop thing from down dog into up dog, without going all wonky weird, but whatevs.  I did a full hour of yoga (in a STUPID hot room,  why WHY is it so freaking hot)  then I swam a few laps and sat in a hot tub for a bit, so I didn't do the 21 Day fix video today (and probably won't for a while. I'm going to try some different classes, while they're free :-) )


Breakfast this morning was my typical half banana and coffee. I even managed to skip on the doughnuts at church today which is a real victory for me.

Monkey had his first day of big boy Sunday School so he got to have his favorite meal for lunch (the chicken bite box at rallys).  The best thing I could find on the menu for me was their 5 Piece classic wings.  Its white meat and hot sauce... They might be fried, but they're not super greasy so who knows.  I did it the big bucket of ranch dressing (because I can't have that much hot sauce without ranch, and I am all out of avocados)  but I only ate 4 French fry pieces (and those Sweet Pea was stuffing into my face going "ahhhhhh" :-) I couldn't say no)  So I counted the ranch and both dressing servings and included my daily oil allowance too.



1 Red, 2 Orange, 2 Spoons

 Healthy snack before going to work out was cottage cheese.  Probably not a great idea to do dairy before exercise, but it worked and it got me through.  though I realized now as I'm going through my day, I didn't eat a single veggie today... whoops

1 Red

Anyways.  Post workout recovery meal was a Blueberry Muffin Shakeology.  No, that's not a flavor.  Its 1 scoop of Vanilla Shakeology. 1/2 a Purple of Blueberries and 1/4 of a banana with 1 C almond milk, a few ice cubes and some cinnamon.  It REALLY tastes like a blueberry muffin, but it was almost pudding texture, needed more ice probably, and is way better cold than room temperature (the ice was a late addition). Its really good, but a little strange.  I was just glad to find a way to eat the vanilla Shakeology, I'm not a huge vanilla person. I like chocolate or fruit or flavor... vanilla always seemed ... bleh.

1 Red, 1 Purple, 1 Yellow (almond milk swap)
Anywho. Thanks for reading and keeping me accountable.

No comments:

Post a Comment