Tuesday, August 4, 2015

21 Day Fix - Round 2 - Day 4

I don't know whats going on today, but its just kindof a bleh evening.  I don't really feel like doing anything or going anywhere or posting, but I'm here. I'm keeping up with it.  Just total honesty, I'm not really feeling it tonight.  I haven't worked out tonight, and honestly I'm not sure if I'll have time.  After I'm done here I go to my church to wash dishes for a group of Steven's Ministers, and by the time I get home, it will be bedtime.  So I guess I'll just have to wash dishes vigorously (not usually an issue, I usually dance and sing to my show tunes while I work)


Anyway.  Food today

Breakfast was actually really good, made me think of my honeymoon.  We went on a cruise and every morning for breakfast they had these grilled roma tomato halves and they were amazing.  So i took one of the first tomatoes from my garden (it got knocked off when we were adjusting the cages) so its been ripening on the counter and I grilled it up on my griddle. I also had 2 fried eggs and some tea (with lemon and stevia)


1Green and 1 Red

Lunch was a really good salad, with greens, tomato, onion, 1/4 avocado (my blue container was in the dishwasher), sunflower seeds and 2 soft boiled eggs.... well they didn't soft boil well, when i cracked them open, they weren't as done as I like so i tossed them back in the water, so they were half soft boiled half poached, but I got the nice thick yolk for dressing which is what I was going for anyways.

Add caption

1 Green, 1 Red, 1 Blue, 1 Orange
 Snack I will definitely make again, but I'll scoop more of the flesh out so I can get a full serving of oats in the middle.  I scooped the core of an apple out using a melon baller and filled it with raw oats and cinnamon. Then I tossed it in the toaster oven at 350 for about 20 mins
1 Purple and 1/2 Yellow

Next time I will scoop out more flesh to fit more oats in, this will be amazing in the fall.
 Dinner was eh.  The regular version I make is awesome, but the diet one just didn't come out well.  It was supposed to be a strogonoff.  The regular version is ground beef and onions with a can of cream of chicken soup and some sour cream and milk.  The 21 Day Fix version i came up with was 1 Red of drained and rinsed ground beef, 1 red of yogurt and 1 green of diced kale and onions.  Well the yogurt completely broke in the skillet, so it looked like curdled cheese and water, so I put a little extra yogurt in the bowl, but it was very vinegary, it was edible, but I won't make it again without some severe re-planning.

No comments:

Post a Comment