Wednesday, August 5, 2015

21 Day Fix - Round 2 - Day 5

 
Ok, I admit it I cheated yesterday and today, but only a little. I do dishes at my church and often get leftovers from the dinner that I clean up, and leftover were these three beautiful little brownies (I'm a total chocoholic) and I couldn't toss them in the trash. So I rescued them home.  I had one last night and one tonight (Hubby ate the other).
 
 
 



I was a good girl the rest of the day, at least food wise.  I didn't get a chance to work out though, my minions won't put up with me doing a exercise tape on the tv during the day, if its on, they want it on their shows. And as soon as Hubby got home, we had to eat dinner then drop the minions off at my parent's house because we went on a tour of the new Mormon Temple in Indianapolis.  I'm not Mormon, but I am, and have always been, fascinated by other religions. I love to see what people believe in and this is a very holy place in the Mormon church that, once sanctified, you cannot get into with out being, not just Mormon, but an upstanding Mormon.  So its really a once in a lifetime opportunity that I used as an excuse not to work out (though it was a walking tour so I guess that counts a little?)


Anyways

Onto Food!

for breakfast I had a scramble... it was going to be an omelets, but I SUCK at omelets. It was 2 eggs (so 1 red) and 1 green container of veggies. In this case tomatoes, finely diced kale and onions.  I also had a cup of tea.  All this tea I'm drinking I may have to watch some more doctor who :-) 
 

Lunch was a Lovely salad.  1 green container of greens and home made Salsa (in the book salsa is listed as a purple, but I'm not sure why, this didn't have anything that wasn't listed individually on the green page)  I also put one yellow container of beans and 1 blue of half cheese half avocado. I also put a little extra lime on (my mom made the salsa and I always like mine a little lime-y-er.


Dinner was in a hurry, because we had to get to the temple.  So we had leftover tomato soup that I made last week (just cans of tomatos and tomato puree with some stock and herbs.  Stock isn't in the book, but I kinda count it as water. 

For the grilled cheese I used 1 slice of whole grain bread and 1 blue container of cheese (the extra cheese that spilled out I tossed on the griddle too to make that little cheesey chip sitting in my soup and honestly it was better than the sandwich, so next time I might just do cheesey chips.)  I put a little less than what would have been container measured for the soup, simply because of the stock, it has a higher fat content that actual veggies alone would, so its about 1/2 a cup of soup.


Again, I'm admitting I had a brownie, but it was SOOO good to have real chocolate and cake and frosting... Ok I'm starting to drool again. Just makes me look forward to My birthday later this month.  Its the day after this round ends, so I can't decide If I'm going to be relatively good and do a standard cake or be extra naughty and have Hubby pick up mini Cinnabons (he works downtown), or maybe I'll make something like Monkey Bread and have it kind of in between.


Decisions to make....

No comments:

Post a Comment